I know I have not been posting on my thoughts in a while. I actually have been pretty busy preparing for my class I am teaching this summer. In my free time I was reading, typing up presentation paperwork, promoting, and researching the material I am teaching. The course is called Generation Change.
Generation Change is a teenage financial course that introduces the importance of money and how to properly manage it. But, there seems to be one obstacle that most people cannot seem to overcome. Now, I was promoting so I contacted well over 100 plus parents, sent out group e-mails and stopped parents in stores to introduce myself and my class.
I have reviewed this course and it has some sound financial advice to live a debt free lifestyle. Basically meaning, the need of borrowing money is not an option for those who follow this course.
But there is a catch……
Shhhhhh………….. Don’t be afraid. It talks about the Bible. AAAGAHGAHGHAGAHHGGHHHHHHHHHHH. Now I understand when you believe or not believe. That is the journey you are on. That is your right as a free willed individual. But to deny your children a chance to learn about personal finance, I am sorry. I consider that sort of narrow minded. If you feel I am picking on you, Take a number. :) About 60% of all parents I contacted stated that the religious aspect was not what they wanted their children exposed to. The other 40% was from a list of my church congregation. It really dissapointed me because of one detail. they denied their children an opportunity to learn.
I just had to get that off my chest. The more I learn about finance the more I see how messed up our country is. It is like we are enjoying a poopy diaper. “Yes I soiled my drawers but it is nice and warm and it is mine!” (Those of you who know that quote will understand my point) You have to change your point of view and adjust as you grow. If we stay the same all throughout our lives we basically stop growing. For those of you who politely declined my class. Thank you for your hospitality. For the rest who were rude, obnoxious, and pretty much ignorant. Thank you for your time as well.
I still have 3 - 4 openings for my course. If you wish to sign your teenager up, please send me an e-mail. Either on here or for those who are my friends on Facebook, send me a message there. The course is though the summer. Class one was today (Jun 3rd 2012) It will be on Sundays from 3-5pm at my home in the Laveen area. (Laveen, AZ)
Be smart. Be Frugal. Be a better you.
Frugal-guy is just a normal guy who learned the hard way how to handle money. By losing it. If you would like to donate to his cause of teaching personal finance and his church, please click the donate button and contribute .25 cents. If all his followers go to his main page (click on pic) and donate .25 a month he will reach his goal of having a classroom to rent out to teach more. Also clicking on an advertisement you like will also aid in his cause as well. All money will go to reading material for help desk and FPU class kits to be offered to members and abroad at a discount. The more we help others the more we will be rewarded. Learn generosity. It changes you for the better. .25 cents is not a lot. God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7 If you have a question and wish to remain anonymous please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org I will answer your question in this blog and hopefully it will help a few more people. God Bless.